About Me

My photo
Kathryn Evans, PCV Corps de la Paix B.P. 10537 Niamey, Niger West Africa

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Leaving Today...

I just finished orientation and leave today for Niger. I have spent quite a bit of time the last couple of days wandering the streets of Philadelphia and taking in the sights. I am mesmorized at the unique history of the United States and the founding principles that the United States embodies. It has given me a deep appreciation for the liberties that I have and the people who fought so fiercely for those liberties. I go to Niger with a sense of pride, hope and appreciation for my life and hope to represent America and all that it stands for in the best way I can. I feel blessed to have this opportunity and am so excited for what awaits. Farewell my Lady Liberty!

6 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN IN NIGER
    READ NIGER NEWS ON WWW.NIGER1.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I hope your trip goes well and you stay safe. Remember your cousins in Michigan Love ya lots!!! And as for representing the U.S. in a positive light, you have nothing to worry about dear...YOU are a wonderful person and compassionate and loving. You are what most would want to be like!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Katy,

    This is Jake!! I hope you have a safe trip to Niger. Take lots of pictures, I want to see some of the neat stuff in Niger. Oh and be sure YOU are in some of the pictures too!! I love you, Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine a more devoted, capable, or inspirational person to go over and make change! We are so proud of you lady! Take care of yourself and keep us posted. MWAH! XOXO!

    - Kim/ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are anxiously awaiting news from you. Your mom told us there would be little or no contact for two weeks so we're just going to have to wait! We are so proud of you Katy. What a woman! Love you. Aunt Lois & Uncle Larry

    ReplyDelete
  6. In case you wondered...Katy made it to Niger and will be training with a group of 32 for a couple of months. We had an e-mail from the Peace Corps with a group photo, Katy looked good. Her access to a computer is limited. To communicate with Katy-
    Kathryn Evans, PCV
    Corps de la Paix
    B.P. 10537
    Niamey, NIGER (underline NIGER)
    1st class mail is 98 cents per oz, I sent a care pkg of beef jerky and Mambas in a padded envelope. Until Katy can get back to us on her blog, check out: http://jrobinpcv.blogspot.com to get an idea of a female PCV in Niger, she's been there 7 months. We miss you, Katy
    Love, Mom XXXXXOOOOO

    ReplyDelete